Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Tutorial: Summer Bronze


I am so incredibly excited to share with you guys today...my first...ever...tutorial! Yay :) So, I think I promised a fun post yesterday and here it is! In this tutorial I used the Urban Decay "Naked" palette, but really you can just work with the ones you have if you don't own this exact same palette. The eyeshadows I'm using aren't that unique and they are pretty much a must-have, so you can just sub with your own colors if you want to! The look is really simple (only 4 steps!) and perfect for the summer time. It's very natural, but it just adds that little "oomph" to your summer days :) Anyways, hope you guys like it and definitely expect more tutorials from me soon, I really enjoyed doing this one! Oh, and cut me some slack, it was my first time after all ;)


1. Prime I very strongly recommend you to always prime your eyes before you apply any eye makeup!  If the primer is good, it can totally change (in a good way!) the way your eye makeup looks and make the colors stay vibrant all day (and night). Nothing much more I can say about this step. Oh, and if you were wondering I used the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion.

2. Add color Simply tap a shimmery gold color over the first half of your eyelid to add some nice color and give you that "bronze goddess" look. For this I used Urban Decay's infamous "Half Baked" eyeshadow from the Naked palette. I find that this color looks amazing on paler skin tones as well as very tan skin. It's one of my favorites from the palette!

3. Define Since this is a more summer-y look I decided not to do a crease color, but to define it by tapping a shimmery brown color on the second half of the lid. That way, it's not as obvious that you have tons of eyeshadow on but it defines your eye nicely and adds more of a shape to it. For this I used "Toasted" from the palette -- I find this color works best with the "Half Baked"!

4. Highlight Every beauty girl should own a frosty white eyeshadow in her collection. By popping some shimmery white eyeshadow into your inner tear-duct and highlighting your brow bone your face just looks so much brighter and more awake (I know everyone says it -- but it's true!). For this I used "Virgin" from the palette -- definitely a classic and well-known eyeshadow! I usually use MAC's Nylon for an inner-corner highlight, but I'm traveling right now, so I don't have it with me. Just thought I would mention it as a good frosty white color!

Aaaaaand of course, you'd finish up with some mascara (I applied one coat of Maybelline Falsies...the waterproof version) and you're ready to go! Hope you guys enjoyed this!

xoxo,
Liz

credits to my amazing sistah, Katie, for the creepy pictures of my eye! i used dis to edit the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment