Monday, July 9, 2012

40 Beauty Questions Tag!


I know, I know -- a tag. Again. I'm trying to save the tags for the days when I have nothing to talk about...like today. On this lovely sunny summer day I will be doing the 40 Makeup Questions tag. It's been going on for a very long time (I'd say it's been going around since 2009 or so) and I thought it would be fun to bring it back in this post :)

Anyways, here it is!


SKINCARE
-How many times do you wash your face daily? I wash my face once or twice a day. I was it in the morning with just water and then moisturize (my face tends to get irritated if I wash it with cleanser in the morning) and then I wash my makeup off, cleanse, tone, and moisturize at night.

-What skin type do you have? (dry, oily, combo) In the summer it's normal -- not dry or oily, just perfect, but in the winter it's combination (oily on the T-Zone and normal/dry on the cheeks)

-What is your current facial wash? Clinique 3-Step Cleanser for Combination/Dry skin

-Do you exfoliate? Nope, I don't. I find that my skin is way too sensitive to exfoliate and exfoliating just gets it all red and messed up.

-What brand do you use? Since I don't exfoliate, I don't use any brand, but I used to use the Lush Sea Salt face and body scrub and I loved it (until I realized it was way too harsh for my skin)

-What moisturizer do you use? I use the Clinique Dramatically Different Daily Mouisturizer (the gel, not the lotion!). I love it! It feels very nice and not oily at all.

-Do you have freckles? Yep, I do, most of them are on my nose and under my eyes (above my cheeks...you know what I'm talking about). In the summer time, though, I get a whole lot of them!

-Do you use eye cream? Occasionally. I'm kind of young to use eye cream, but I feel like it does a lot to improve and brighten up my dark circles. I use the Benefit eye cream (don't remember the name, sorry...I think it's called "It's Potent!") and I usually use it before bed.

-Do you or did you have acne prone skin? Nope, I don't think I ever did! I used to have lots of pimples, but when I stopped eating junk-food and fried stuff they stopped popping up!

-Did you ever have to use Pro-activ? No, I didn't. I don't plan on using it any time in the future.

MAKE-UP
-What foundation do you use? I've recently (2 months ago) started using the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Compact foundation and I love it! With all of the hype about the original Vitalumiere Aqua I decided to try it and it was amazing. At first. Then my skin started getting very very dry and the foundation just wasn't flattering on the dry patches (plus, the color was waaaay too dark for me!). So I went to the Chanel counter and saw that they came out with a new formula of the foundation. It's more moisturizing and I think it looks even more natural than the original! Can't say enough good things about this!

-How about concealer? Don't use one. I just layer on my foundation as a concealer if needed.

-Do you know your undertone color? Warm. If that's what they mean by undertone color...

-What do you think of fake eyelashes? I think they're good for a Halloween look or when you're on TV but not on an everyday basis! I've never used them, because I'm scared I'll mess up while applying them :p

-Did you know that you are suppose to change your mascara every 3 months? Yes, I did. And I do change it every three months (or at least I try to), but my favorite mascara (and the one I use every day) is a Clarins one and Clarins is pretty expensive, so it's kind of upsetting to throw it out after a couple of months with, like, 1/4 of the product still there :(

-What brand of mascara do you use? Clarins Wonder Length! My all time favorite!!! LOVE. IT.

-Sephora or MAC? Hmmm... Probably MAC. I could live without Spehora, but not without MAC.

-Do you have a MAC Pro-card? No... I wish I did, though!

-What makeup tools do you use in make up application? My fingers (for my foundation)...and brushes (for my eyes)...

-Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes? Yes, I use the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion and I also usually use the Chanel "Emerville"cream eyeshadow as a base.

-For the face? Yep. I use the L'Oreal face primer (aaaaagh, I can't remember the name! But I mentioned it in my "What's In My Travel Makeup Bag?" post), but I only use it because I bought it for no apparent reason and I'm just trying to use it up. I don't really see a dramatic difference that it does to the way my face makeup looks but my face feels nice and smooth when I apply it.

-What is your favorite eyeshadow (color or shade)? Shimmery champagne/pink/beige eyeshadows are my favorite! My all-time favorite actual eyeshadows are "All That Glitters" by MAC (my first ever eyeshadow!) and "Emerville" by Chanel (I use it every single day).

-Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner? I use pencil sometimes, not every day, and I only use liquid on special occasions (4-5 times a year) just because I find it fairly hard to apply, but I was recently practicing my liquid eyeliner skills and I think I figured out a way to apply it that works for me! And I love the way liquid eyeliner looks on my eyes, so I'll be doing that more often.

-How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil? Never. I imagine that being pretty painful... 

-What do you think of pigment eyeshadows? I think the color payoff and the colors in general of pigments are phenomenal, but I'd never use them (being the clumsy girl that I am), because they are very very very easy to spill and ruin everything!

-Do you use mineral makeup? Nope. Never tried it, but I really want to try the MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural!

-What is your favorite lipstick? Probably YSL Rouge Volupté Perle in 114... I don't really like lipsticks, though, but this one is more like a very pigmented lip balm.

-How about lipgloss? This is hard! I love lipgloss, it's my favorite makeup category! I think MAC's "Love Alert" Dazzleglass is the one, though. I've went through two entire tubes of it! It is perfect for me -- sticky, glittery, and a berry red color! ME IN A LIPGLOSS.

-What is your favorite blush to use? I don't use blush that much, but I've recently been using Tarte's gel blush in the color Typsy -- a very nice peachy color. It might just be my new favorite blush -- I wear it every single day!

-Do you buy your makeup on ebay? No, I'd rather spend the extra buck going to a CCO for a limited edition product or something, but not ebay. Way too scared to get an old or used product!

-Do you like drugstore makeup? Yes, I do. I really like the Revlon lip products and Maybelline mascaras are good, too!

-Do you go to CCO's? (cosmetic company outlets) Never been, but I've heard a lot of fun things about them! Wish I had one near me! :(

-Did you ever consider taking make-up classes? No... I like playing around with makeup but I'd never take professional classes.

-Are you clumsy in putting on makeup? I don't think so... If I'm having a rough morning I might mess up, but I'm not necessarily clumsy (in putting on makeup, at least :p)

-Name a makeup crime that you hate? Foundation lines. Just blend! I see it a lot on waitresses, don't know why! :D But it drives me crazy and I hate it sooooo sooo much.

-Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick,eyeshadow) or neutral ones? I usually like neutral eye makeup and a bolder lip.

-Which celebrity always has great make up? Taylor Swift! I love her and her music and her style and her hair and her makeup and her concerts, just everything! Her makeup is so simple yet elegant -- almost no eyeshadow and a red lip -- I love it!

-If you could leave the house using just ONE make up item,what would you use? I know this is a popular one, but mascara. It adds so much to the way you look and makes you look very bright and awake!

-Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on? Yes, definitely! I spend at least 2 days a week without any makeup on at all and sometimes I might just spend a whole week without it :p It's not a necessity in my life, I can go well without it, it's just something I like to play with :)

-Do you think you look good even without any makeup on? Sometimes. Depends on my hair. If my hair is acting nice and not frizzy then I do feel pretty and confident even without makeup on! But if my hair's all messed up and oily then I do have that sting of "not-confidence" but I really don't care ;)

-In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line? As in...makeup brand? I'd say it's between MAC and Chanel for me... I can't decide! I love Chanel foundations, eyeliners, and eyeshadows and MAC blushes, lip glosses and everything else!

-What do you think of makeup??? I think makeup is a fun way to express yourself or just have fun. I don't see makeup as something to cover up your imperfections with, but to enhance your natural features. Pretty much what everyone else says, but it's true!

That's it my lovely unicorns! Hope you enjoyed.
I TAG YOU!

xoxo,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment