Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Travel Savvy: Unpacking


Why hello there! I come to you today with yet another post from the "Travel Savvy" series. This one is about my least favorite thing to do in the world...unpacking. I hate it so so so much and I always end up unpacking very messily and then when I leave the place I'm staying I always end up forgetting something! But recently I've been traveling a lot and I feel like I've pretty much mastered the art of unpacking. So here I am, sharing my tips and tricks for unpacking with you :)

1. Organize This one is pretty simple and self-explanatory. The moment you take your clothes out of your suitcase(s) fold them all up and organize them in piles. The way I do mine is usually like so: a pile of sheer tops (that I need to wear a bandeau or tank top under), a pile of t-shirts and tank tops, a pile of jeans, a pile of shorts and skirts, and a pile of underwear. I normally hang up my dresses and/or coats, jackets, cardigans, etc. This step is so simple, yet it is key to unpacking -- if everything is messy and unorganized you'll end up losing things and making an even bigger mess!

2. Keep it Simple Don't over-use the space that is given for you to store your things (especially toiletries). If you just keep everything (I'm talking about toiletries here) in a train case/big bag it will be harder to find stuff, but it will be so much easier to pack back when you leave the place you're staying in.

3. Keep a List You guys know I love making lists and this is no exception. If you (which I strongly advise you do) make a packing list before leaving, listing all of the things that you packed for the trip and adding items that you might have bought while traveling, it will be much easier to unpack by category and pack the stuff back up when you're ready to leave :)

xoxo,
Liz

picture from here

No comments:

Post a Comment