Monday, July 16, 2012

My Favorite Drink


I don't know when it started, but probably since New Year's this year I suddenly became addicted to milk. All (or most) of my friends know it's one thing I can now not live without. I drink about a liter of milk every day :p I drink milk with my breakfast every single day and I just drink it when I feel kind of hungry, but not really hungry (you know what I'm talking about? because i know you do ;)).

Milk has many good benefits. It is filled with the nine essential nutrients that are beneficial to our health:

  • Calcium: Builds healthy bones and teeth; maintains bone mass
  • Protein: Serves as a source of energy; builds/repairs muscle tissue
  • Potassium: Helps maintain a healthy blood pressure
  • Phosphorus: Helps strengthen bones and generate energy
  • Vitamin D: Helps maintain bones
  • Vitamin B12: Maintains healthy red blood cells and nerve tissue
  • Vitamin A: Maintains the immune system; helps maintain normal vision and skin
  • Riboflavin (B2): Converts food into energy
  • Niacin: Metabolizes sugars and fatty acids
Also, it is said that milk is beneficial to weight loss (which, I'm not trying to lose any weight, but it's always nice to know ;)). Another thing to know about milk (or any dairy product) that it is best to drink/eat whole fat products, because the non-fat have lots of sugar added instead of the fat. So it's actually healthier to drink whole fat milk than non-fat!

xoxo,
Liz

picture from here and info about yummy yummy milk from this website ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment