Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Current Obsessions: Music


Okay. Okay. Breathe in, Liz. Calm down. Out. In-2-3, out-2-3.

IT'S NOT WORKING >.<

About a week ago (I know, you're going to say I'm slow after what I say next but I really am slow, so...yeah, don't judge) I've discovered a band. A relatively old band. And it's called *drumroll* Panic! At The Disco. I know, this is a pretty popular alternative band and I've always been more of a "pop" kind of girl. But recently I've just been loving alternative! It's like, all of the sudden *BOOM* my style changes from girly to edgy and I start liking alternative and punk rock (I still love my pop though!).

Getting to the point of this post.

Some of you might know that I like Lana Del Rey a lot...and I think her music is alternative. But Panic! At The Disco beats all of my favorite alternative bands. I have been so obsessed with them lately! My favorite song right now that I absolutely lovelovelove is "Nearly Witches (Ever Since We Met)". I just can't get enough of it!

Another song that I've been loving is actually by a girl who makes singing videos on YouTube, Jayme Dee. Some of you may know her from "The Hunger Games" movie soundtrack called "Rules". I've discovered her about 2-3 months ago and she recently came out with a new single "Tip Toes". I don't think it's available on iTunes yet (or anywhere else, for that matter), but I just listen to it from YouTube and I can't wait for it to actually go up on iTunes so I can buy this baby already!!!

And the last song that I've been obsessing over these couple of weeks is yet by another girl on YouTube, Drew Tabor. I absolutely adore her, her voice is amazing! She's inspired me in so many ways and her style is so different and unique from anyone else's that I've ever seen! Anyways, the song is called "Shoutout". Her EP just came out yesterday and I just know bought it and I love every single song from the album!

Hope you guys liked this! Let me know what your favorite songs are in the comments below :)

xoxo,
Liz


P.S. Andrea, yes I do still love "Pursuit of Happiness" :* (check out her blog "Stories of a Teenage Girl"!)

No comments:

Post a Comment