Thursday, August 2, 2012

Event Planning: Birthday Party


Why hello there my cute little pigtails! :P What have you been up to lately? Oh, me? Thanks for asking, I've been busy planning my birthday party. When is my birthday you ask? 7th of October. You know I love planning ahead, what else can I say *.*

Oh! Almost forgot. Disclaimer time! I am by no means an expert in event planning or anything of the such! I'm just sharing some tips and tricks that I think are helpful when it comes to birthday party planning :)

The number one tip I can give you is plan ahead. You do not want to be panicking, rushing, and trying to plan it all on the week of your birthday. My birthday is in about two months, and I'm almost done with the planning. But, of course, I tend to plan ahead in everything...

Okay, now that we have a couple of months on our hands to plan, here's a little step-by-step for you :)

1. Vas Happenin? First of all, you need to decide what you actually want to do for your birthday. It can range anywhere from a spa get-together to a huge keg party at your place. Just have an outline of what you want to do, and then move on to step two.

2. Who? So you know what you want to do for your party. Now you need to figure out who you want to invite. This one is the hardest for me - it's so difficult to decide who to invite and who it's okay to leave out! Of course, you want to include your best friends, maybe your boyfriend, family, random people... It all depends on what you want to do.

3. Where? Next, you need to find a venue. You already have an invite list and you know what exactly you want to do - now you just need to find where to do it! Find a specific place - restaurant, club, bowling center or amusement park - and go figure it all out. Of course, it's better if you're going some place you're familiar with, but it's okay to try something new - just be sure it's what you and your friends/relatives like!

4. :$ Another thing you want to do when planning is have a budget. Do you want to go all out and fly all of your friends to Paris or keep it cheap and host a party at your place with your own food and drinks? It's your decision! Just make sure to stick to the budget you decided on - it can get overwhelming at times.

5. You're Invited! You have the venue, the money, the guest list... What else? My favorite part of birthday parties...the invitations. The way you decorate and design the invitations all depends on what the theme of the party is, of course. Just be sure to include what you're going to be doing, where, when, what to bring, and how to dress!

6. Bits and Pieces The little details are usually planned out a week or two before the event... The hair, makeup, outfit, party favors (if any), etc. And, of course, it all depends on the venue and the type of party you're hosting!

Hope you guys found this somewhat helpful! I, personally, can't wait 'till my birthday party! Not to drop a hint or anything, but it might be very. very girly. And exclusive for my BFFs :*

Oh, and stay posted for a very exciting and interesting post sooner or later!

If you guys have any fun ideas for birthday parties, please share them with me - I can never think of anything!

xoxo,
Liz

rad non-existent pic from here >:D

No comments:

Post a Comment