Monday, August 27, 2012

Back To School: 5, 10, and 15 Minute Makeup


Hey girl hey! Soooo I went to Open House in school today and saw all of my friends again, bla bla bla. Oh, I also (again) publicly humiliated myself by dropping a tray full of plates and food, and falling on the floor - twisting my ankle :/ I'd say the first unofficial day back was a success. Even though my kola buddy Andrea (I know you're reading this babe) left early :( Oh well, I'll see you tomorrow!

Anyways, I had to wake up at 5 AM today, and let me tell you, it takes me about 25 minutes to take a full shower (hair and such), and about 20 minutes to eat... And we had to leave at 6. So I totally didn't have time to do my makeup... Not that I need to wear makeup to school everyday. I really don't. I just prefer to put myself together a little before going out. Getting to the point. I just brought a little makeup bag to school with me and fixed myself up a little when I got there.

So today I decided that instead of posting a tutorial (which takes so. much. time.) I decided that it would be fun to do a post on how to do your makeup when you don't have much time. Let me explain. For example, you have 5 minutes to get ready. So you'll follow my 5 minute makeup tutorial. But then you're like, oh I have 5 more minutes to get ready. So you follow my 10 minute makeup tutorial. And then you think, well I might as well chill and just take 5 more minutes to make myself bootiful. And there you have it - my 15 minute back-to-school appropriate makeup tutorial. Cheers to back to school times.

Okaaaaay

5 MINUTES:

  • Apply tinted moisturizer for some coverage and to even out your skin tone. Pretty much all there is to it. Just apply it. And stop whining. My personal favorite tinted moisturizer (I know, I know, everyone talks about it) is the Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer. I do not own the actual product (it's pretty darn expensive for me...I already have my Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua), but I've used it a couple of times and LOVED IT.
  • Whip out yo mascara to add some shabang to your average short stubby lashes (just kidding. you're lashes are beautiful). I love lengthening mascaras, and I've already told you guys all bout my favorite one in my Liz Loves post on my favorite mascara of all time - it's the Clarins Wonder Length mascara. Not gonna say much more.
  • Brows. I feel like this is kind of ignored by so many people - they'll have full-on makeup, but their brows won't be combed or anything! It drives me crazy, no offense. They make such a difference on your face, though! Just at least comb your brows if you're really in a hurry or they're already pretty dark. I comb mine through with the MAC Clear Brow Gel. Yep
10 MINUTES:
  • To add some extra coverage in problem areas (for me that's under the eyes, around my nose and on my cheeks) dot some concealer on your problem areas. I don't think I really have a favorite concealer, but the Benefit one (completely forgot what it's called!!!) is nice for under the eyes!
  • I'm all about the lips, so I probably would have put this in the 5 minute section, but whatever. Anyways, apply some lipstick/lipstain to just add a little more to your look. Recently, I've been obsessed with my MAC "Angel" lipstick (just a pinky nude - very daring, I know)... Yep.
  • Another way to add some color to your look would be using a blush. Just apply a cream blush with your fingers for a carefree and quick way to add some CABOOM to your look ;) My favorite cream blush would have to be by Shiseido, just incase you were wondering.
  • Lastly, what you can do to spice up your look some more and define your eyes is eyeliner. Whether it's colorful or just plain brown - it adds a lot! If you're in a time crunch, though, I'd recommend just using a pencil liner to line your upper lash line. I don't really have a favorite pencil eyeliner, but the MAC eye kohls are amazing!
15 MINUTES
  • To amp up your look yet another step, apply some eyeshadow on your lid and in the crease to define your eye shape even more. Nothing much I can say here... My all-time favorite favorite lid color is All That Glitters by MAC (shocker, I know), and the crease...that would have to be Buck by Urban Decay.
  • My love for the Nars Laguna bronzer is undeniable. I use it every single day (well, not when I'm chillin' at home or whatever), no joke. So, girls, when in doubt - bronze. Haha ;) Just apply it all over your face, concentrating on your temples, under your cheekbones, and down your nose.
  • Lip gloss. Love that stuff. Apply some lipgloss to top it all off - it's like the icing on the cake ;) My favorite lipgloss (BY FAR) is MAC's "Love Alert" Dazzleglass - it is quite sticky but I like sticky lip glosses :P
Okay, I really need to go now, so I hope you guys enjoyed! LOVE YOU

xoxo,
Liz

picture, as always, from here

No comments:

Post a Comment