Thursday, August 9, 2012

Cooking With Pony Mama (a.k.a. Liz): Chocolate Chip Cookies


Hello there my little chefs ^^ Today I bring to you my favorite recipe of chocolate chip cookies! YAY! Who's ready to do some cookin'??? So basically, I woke up at 6 AM today because of the friggin rooster (WHO has a rooster in my neighborhood?!) and I couldn't go back to sleep... So I decided to bake some cookies. Basically, 99.9% of the time when I bake anything - I use my great-great grandma's Betty Crocker cook book. It is simply amazing! The recipes (as you will see later) are very easy and don't require any special ingredients! Anyways, hope you guys enjoy and let me know how they turn out if you decide to make them!

Okie-dokie, let's get started.

INGREDIENTS: 

  • 3/4 cup sugar (half brown, half white)
  • 1/2 cup shortening 
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/8 cups sifted flour
  • 1/4 tsp soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup cut-up walnuts (optional)




DIRECTIONS:

Mix together thoroughly the shortening, sugar, egg, and vanilla. In a separate bowl, soft together the flour, soda, and salt. Pour the dry ingredients into the first bowl and stir in. Mix the chocolate chips and walnuts, if using, into the dough.


Drop rounded teaspoonfuls about 2" apart on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake until delicately browned - cookies should still be soft. Cool slightly, then remove from baking sheet.


TEMPERATURE: 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius) 

TIME: Bake 8 to 10 minutes

AMOUNT: About 3 doz. 2" cookies

The cookies taste delicious, this is by far my (and my family's!) favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe! I love baking these for the holiday season, but since that's still far away, you can enjoy these with some ice cream (LOVE!).

Sorry I didn't have any step-by-step pictures, but I feel like this recipe is so easy you don't really need them! 

xoxo,
Liz

i took the pictures, therefore they are MINE ;) edited using the PicFx and Instagram app on my iPhone :)


1 comment: