Saturday, August 4, 2012

Back To School: First Day Of School 2012 Outfit

Oh, hai! How's it going? I am so very excited to present to you the very first post from my back to school series! I absolutely love school, and yes, I am one of those crazy people who can't wait 'till school starts, but then whine about it being so boring and depressing in the middle of the school year... But since I'm staying in Moscow now and not going to America (sad-no-shopping-face), and have nothing else to do, I am ready and pumped for the back to school season!

Today I've put together five outfits that I think someone might wear on the first day back to school. I wear a school uniform to school (sigh), so I absolutely loved putting these outfits together for those of you who are more fortunate than me :/ A helpful tip that I would love to share with you guys on putting together outfits for back to school is put together three of your favorite outfits, eliminate one, and wear your favorite one on the second day back to school, not on the first one. So, on the first day back to school everyone is going to be wearing their best outfit, and your going to be wearing a nice one too, but then on the second day everyone's going to be wearing their usual stuff, but you're going to be the one rocking your best outfit!

1. Girly Girl The first outfit that I put together is pretty girly and on the more casual side. I love mixing neutrals (brown bag, black jewelry) - it's not something people usually do, but I think it gives the outfit a more effortless look! The simple mustard dress is a gorgeous transition piece for the Summer/Fall season and the white lace TOMS give the outfit a very girly and innocent vibe that I adore! The brown satchel is also very very cute and comfortable for school!


2. Edgy This outfit is more on the edgier side (well, at least for me) and it's not really something I'd be wearing, but I think some of the pieces are also very trendy now - the cross bracelet and the ear cuff give it a hard rock vibe and the maroon jeans add some color and are great for fall! I cannot speak enough good words about the Jeffrey Campbell Litas - they are AMAZING. I'm planning on getting some for Christmas as a present to myself - everyone says they're very easy and comfy to walk in since the wedge is so huge, the actual heel ends up being pretty small! The denim vest also gives this look a rocker-ish vibe and is also a pretty trendy and versatile piece.


3. Trendy and Chic This outfit is definitely something I'd wear (maybe not on the first day in 8th grade, but...) - it's so me! The warm-toned/gold accessories are a must for me - the MK tortoise print watch has been on my wish list for months now, but I just can't justify getting it (I never wear watches!). The "arm candy" thing is a huge trend right now - the MK watch and some wrap bracelets is all you need! - the peplum feature on the dress is discreet and school-appropriate, yet not that noticeable, and the killer wedges are to die for! To pull the otherwise pretty neutral outfit together I decided to add this amazing burgundy Mulberry tote - so fall-appropriate and classic! LOVE this outfit.


4. Simple and Classy This outfit is my absolute favorite out of all! It's so Blair Waldorf - the headband, pop of color, the blouse - I ADORE IT! This is what I'd be wearing on the first day (or every day, for that matter) back to school if I didn't have a uniform (sad crying face)! The bow-blouse is a must-have in my wardrobe (I probably own, like, 6 of these) and the unique and very flattering shape of the simple black skirt makes the outfit more put-together and classic. Another staple for me are the simple stud pearl earrings - I never take mine off! They're barely noticeable, yet make me feel so full of class! And don't even get me started on the brown Mulberry Alexa tote... I so so so want it! But I just went on a bag-shopping spree and I just can't buy another $1,500 tote :P The red flats also add a nice pop of color and are comfy to walk around all day in school! This is basically me in an outfit. Love. Adore. Can't live without.


5. Comfy and Casual This outfit is definitely something I'd wear on a laid-back weekend, not to school, but that's just Liz (I always over-dress). I know about 90% of the people in my school would probably consider this a back to school outfit... Yeah, that was pretty pointless. Anyways, the Wayfarers, the TOMS, the leather backpack - everything about this outfit is so laid back and casual - it's adorable! Unfortunately, I don't look cute in these kind of outfits... The polka-dot cream sweater and the distressed jeans are so comfortable for that first day back to school when you just want to stay at home and watch Pretty Little Liars, not wake up at 6 AM and go to school. So the shades will also help you cover up those dark circles that I know you'll have on that first day back to school ;)


Anyway, I had so much fun putting these together - they actually gave me some really good ideas! Good luck on your first day back to school and have a happy August everyone!

Oh, and the special announcement is still coming! 

xoxo,
Liz

made all of the collages myself, using this awesome website :)

1 comment: