Tuesday, June 26, 2012

My 10 Summer Essentials

I am totally and utterly obsessed with summer (if you couldn't tell yet). I love it. I look forward to summer all year long -- just everything about it is fun, sunny and hot. And here I came up with yet another list, this time talking about my 10 summer essentials. So, without further ado, I'd like to start.

To kick off the list,


#1: Hawaiian Tropic Tanning Oil SPF 8 Yes, I know, I know, tanning oil is bad for you, skin cancer and yadayadayada. Well, I want to be tan, and this is the only way I can get that tan. I do use sunscreen before I put on the tanning oil, but oh my gosh, let's take a minute to swoon over the wonderful smell of  the product. LOVE. LOVELOVELOVE.


#2: Sunscreen Any kind of sunscreen. I just get any kind that I see first on the rack in Target -- they all work fine for me. I prefer the spray-on kind, though, I find it easier to apply and it dries faster.


#3: White Short Shorts White A&F shorts for the summer are definitely a must-have for me! They accentuate your tan and they are perfect for the hot weather and comfy to run around in!


#4: EOS Lip Balm Chapped lips is the worst thing that can happen to me in the summer. Or any time of the year for that matter. I just hate the feeling of that dry skin on my lips! So I make sure to always keep them nice and moisturized with lip balm. I don't really have a preference, any kind will work for me, but the EOS lip balms are definitely my favorite.


#5: Neon Swimsuit I have 3 letters for this one. O. M. G. Okay, first of all, they're neon. And who doesn't love neon?! And neon is always trendy for the spring and summer. And neon shows of your tan. And neon looks like it's glow-in-the-dark. And...oh, this can go on forever!


#6: A Book While laying out on the beach or by the pool, or on a road trip with your friends the one thing you cannot leave the house without is a book. Well, at least I can't. So this one is definitely an essential for me -- will not go anywhere without it!


#7: Sunglasses Sunglasses can totally change the way you look -- I love them! I don't own many (just 2) but both of them are good quality and expensive, so it's enough for me. *Remember, quality over quantity*


#8: Knit Cover-Up This is perfect for the beach, where it's hot but windy at the same time. The bagginess of the sweater makes it look effortless but cute, and because it's knit it'll save you from the cold wind.

#9: Victoria's Secret Body Splash These. Are. Epic. They smell amazing, they aren't as heavy as perfume and they make you feel so refreshed on a 100+ day (especially if you keep them in the fridge!).  A definite must-have.

And finally,


#10: My Phone This was a no-brainer. My phone is always in my hand, I cannot go anywhere without it! I use it for everything -- pictures, taking notes, Temple Run... :p

Yeshhhhh, so I hope you enjoyed! Let me know what you think!

xoxo,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment