Monday, June 18, 2012

Favorite Songs from "Up All Night"


In my previous post I've mentioned (and not once), that I'm obsessed with One Direction. I mean, who doesn't like 5 fashionable, hot, cute, British (and Irish) boys that sing? Since I don't have much time to type up a huge long post, I decided to just write a quick little blog post about a couple of my favorite songs from the album as well as my thoughts on them.


1) "What Makes You Beautiful"
In my opinion, this song is what made them popular. It's a great up-beat song that I like to listen to when I get ready in the morning. It's very positive and it pretty much sums up the point of all of their songs. I'd give this song a 10 out of 10.

2) "Gotta Be You"
This is a little bit slower song that "WMYB". I love the music video, and I absolutely adore Harry's solos, but all in all, the song isn't my favorite, but I don't hate it either. I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10.

3) "One Thing"
This might just be one of my favorite songs from this album. I love it, it just makes you want to get up and dance and scream and be crazy! My friends and I love to make little funny moves that match the lyrics and just whenever I listen to this song it puts me in a good and hyper mood. I give it a 10 out of 10.

4) "More Than This"
This song is what every girl wants to hear from a guy, in my opinion. It's very romantic and it makes me want to just come up to my crush and make out with him or something :p I really like this song a lot,   it's a great source of inspiration. I'd give it a 9 out of 10.

5) "Up All Night"
This song is also an up-beat song that pretty much describes what all teenagers think while partying or something :/ It makes me want to get up and dance and whip my hair and just go CRAZYYYY :D I'd give it a 9 out of 10.

6) "I Wish"
This is more of a slow song... No, not really... But it's not up-beat like the others either. The bridge to the chorus is my favorite part and I really like the chorus, too (it's been stuck in my head for the last couple of days :/). This isn't really a great song for the summer, I don't think, but in general I like this song. I give it an 8.

7) "Tell Me Lie"
Oh my gosh, words can't describe how much I love this song, it's so funny (I don't know why I think that)... It's also a very up-beat song (what else is new?) and it's very, and I mean very catchy. I think this song deserves no lower than an 8.

8) "Taken"
This is more of a slower song and I think it's not bad... I think it can get boring at times for some people, but not for me, I like it. I think it's a 7.5 out of 10.

9) "I Want"
This song reminds me of "All That Jazz" for some reason...Maybe it's the piano? But the guitar in this song is killer, I love it! This song is one of my favorites, and I'll give it an 8.5 out of 10.

10) "Everything About You"
This song isn't the best in my opinion... I don't really like the music in the beginning, as in the "electro" part. I know, I know, it's not really electro, but that's the only word I can find to describe it. I'm just not a fan. But the song isn't bad, either. I'd give it a 6.5 out of 10.

11) "Same Mistakes"
"Same Mistakes" is my sister's favorite song from the album. I like it, it's one of those slower songs from the album. It's okay, kind of in the middle there for me... 7 out of 10.

12) "Save You Tonight"
Okay, we're almost don't. I absolutely adore this song for working out or whenever I'm doing some kind of physical activity. This song has that 1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4 beat that is perfect for my jogging pace. I really like this song and I'd give it an 8.

13) "Stole My Heart"
This is probably my least favorite song from the album, I don't like the beginning at all, especially Liam's solo. It's just.. not my thing. But I like the rest of the song okay, though, so I'll give it a 5 out of 10.

The next songs are the only 2 songs from the Deluxe Version of the album. I LOVE this album, and all of the songs from the album are a 10 out of 10 for me...

14) "Stand Up" 
This. Is. My favorite 1D song. EVER. I love it SO much!!! All of the parts the boys sing are amazing and...ahhhhh, I can't get enough of it!

15) "Moments''
This is a very emotional song for me, it's so sad, I cry almost every time I hear it! It's so touching and it...oh, I don't even think words can describe it. The perfect song to end an album with.

So, as you can see, most of the songs from the album are a definite hit for me, and that's pretty much why I love One Direction. Their songs are so inspiring and they're all so good at singing! LOVE.

xoxo,
Liz

photo from here ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment