Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Kindle Touch Review


I spend more time reading than I spend doing anything else. I love that when you read, you can travel into a whole new place and time, meet new people, and let your imagination run wild. Up until a couple of months ago I was a strong believer in books. Actual paper books. I loved the texture of the pages, the size of the book, the bookmarks, the bookstores -- everything. But, of course, there's a but. And the but is, that I go to school. And carry a tote (not a backpack -- a tote). Le me just say, there are many advantages and disadvantages of a tote. One of the disadvantages being that you can't stuff it with heavy stuff and carry it around 10 hours a day out of 24 without hurting your arm. So, I decided that it was time for a Kindle. I needed something lightweight, small, with a black and white display, and easy to use. After long, loooooooooong days of research I decided on the Kindle Touch. I've been using it for 4 months already and I really really like it. So. Let's get to the basics, shall we?

Out of all of the e-readers I felt like the Kindle Touch was the best fit for me. First of all, it's tiny. The measurements are 6.8''x4.7''x0.4'' and it only weighs 7.5 oz. That's really light for an e-reader, in opinion. It fits very comfortably in my hand and it fits in my bag and doesn't weigh it down because of it's small size. Another resin why I chose the Kindle Touch was because I didn't want an e-reader to read magazines or play games. I just needed a simple device to store books on and that I could take with me to school or easily travel with. A huge pro for me in the Kindle Touch (or any e-reader, for that matter) is that you can store thousands of books on them. It's like carrying 3000 books in you school or beach bag, except your just carrying an e-reader. I love that I have the option to choose which book I want to read, anytime, any place. Now, some of you ay be thinking, why not just use your iPhone or iPad to read books? Well, first of all, my eyesight isn't the best already and staring into an LED screen won't make it any better. And I love the screen of the Kindle, it looks like fake picture or something! And I also love that the screen is plastic, that way you can't really scratch it. I have a cover for mine which makes it look like it's a book when closed and I really like it. Also, the books that you buy from Amazon on the Kindle are significantly cheaper than just buying them from the bookstore.

I do still read normal books when I'm at home, but I mostly use my Kindle. It's very conventional and comfortable in usage and I just can't think of anything I don't like in it. I hope you enjoyed this mini-review post, please feel free to comment and leave suggestions :)

xoxo,
Liz

photo from here

No comments:

Post a Comment