Sunday, December 30, 2012

Travel Savvy: 10 Essentials for a Long Flight


I'll be flying back to Russia in a couple of weeks (sniffle sniffle) and the plane flight is about 11 hours. I absolutely love long flights (I have no idea why), so I decided to dedicate a whole post to my 10 essentials for long flights. I'm basically all about being comfy, especially on long flights! So, without further ado, here are my top 10 things I absolutely have to have with me on a long flight.

One: Neck Pillow I hardly ever sleep on planes, but even when I don't I love my neck pillow! It just makes the whole plane ride that much more enjoyable and comfortable.

Two: Fuzzy Socks Aren't these ones just so cute?! They're from Bath and Body Works - so adorable! Anyways, as soon as I get on the plane I take my shoes off (well, okay, not as soon as I get on the plane, but after take-off) and put on a pair of nice fuzzy warm socks to keep me feeling cozy :)

Three: Kindle I love love love my Kindle - it's so light and saves so much space! I did a review on this a loooooooooong time ago, you can read it here. I love reading on planes and this baby is my lifesaver.

Four: Dark Chocolate I don't really like sleeping on planes and I can't drink coffee, so dark chocolate keeps me awake. Plus, let's admit it, it tastes amazing and it's actually healthy! :P

Five: Studio Beats by Dr. Dre I love my Beats - the sound is amazing and they block out the loud noise of the plane too! I got them for Christmas last year and I love them! They are kind of expensive for headphones, but believe me, they're so worth it!

Six: Cozy Cardigan Can't go on a plane without my cozy sweater/hoodie/cardigan :P The temperature on planes can be so annoying and cold, so I always have to have some type of sweater thing with me!

Seven: Scarf Soft scarves are my best friends on the plane. Or anywhere. As you can probably tell, I bundle up and layer like crazy on the plane, because often times I fly from very cold countries to super hot ones or the other way around, so layering is key!

Eight: Longchamp Le Pliage Tote in Large I use this as my carry-on on the plane and it works so well for me! It's super durable, waterproof, and carries a ton of stuff! Plus, you can fold it into another bag if you want to use it later on!

Nine: Diary/Notebook I don't keep a diary. Just saying. I wish I did, but it just gets really awkward sometimes and I don't have anything to write about (my life is just that interesting). Anyways, I get pretty bored on the plane sometimes, so I just write about random stuff... Or draw. Even though I don't think I'm good at art, I just draw weird faces and stuff :P

Ten: Eye Mask How cute is this one??? It looks just like the one Holly Golightly wore in Breakfast At Tiffany's! Adorable! Anyways, when I want to take naps on the plane I find that I cannot fall asleep if I'm totally content and comfortable, so a face mask really helps :)

Hope you're having a great 2012 and are looking forward to 2013!!!

xoxo,
Liz

2 comments:

  1. Great list. I didn't know dark chocolate is healthy. Interesting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually has a lot of health benefits! It helps control blood sugar, increases blood flow to the brain, it's full of antioxidants, and is high in vitamins and minerals :) who knew haha

      Delete