Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Incredible India

I don't think many people are aware of this, but I've had an obsession/fascination with India ever since I saw Jenna Marbles' "Oops I'm in India" video. Just the whole Taj Mahal story and the culture holds something that I still cannot forget. 

I just flew in from New Delhi this morning and I can't help but feel sad (but excited to be back home at the same time) - India was so much fun! My family was actually invited to a wedding there - my mom wasn't able to go, but I went with my little sister and my dad. The wedding was beautiful - as was pretty much everything else about in the few cities that we visited (Jaipur, New Delhi, and Agra).

India is definitely the most unique country I've been to so far - there's such a contrast between dirt poor and mega rich. There are monkeys, elephants, and cows everywhere - so fun! The Taj Mahal was gorgeous! I cried when I saw it for the first time I was so excited to see it! 












Can you tell I'm completely obsessed with the Taj? I took, like, 150 pictures of it. No joke.

We went to three different cities and saw so many temples and mausoleums - all of them were gorgeous! We went up to Fort Amber on elephants, which was super fun, and for the wedding everyone wore traditional Indian clothes - they literally feel like pajamas!

Anyways, hope you guys enjoyed this little rambly post :)

xoxo,
Liz





No comments:

Post a Comment