Friday, March 15, 2013

Favorite Spring Nail Polish

I am beyond ready and excited for Spring - it's still freezing cold here in Moscow! Thank gosh I'm going to India! Actually, when this will be up - I'll already be in India! Hello warm weather and spring nail polish!


Before I start, I am so sorry for the sketchy camera quality - my professional camera broke, so I had to take a picture from my iPhone! Oh, and I applied 2 coats of each nail polish, just so you know ;)

1) Chanel "May" 
The name says it all - I mean, it's named after a spring season! This is from last year's Spring collection, so I'm not sure if it's still available or not, but I love this nail polish. A beautiful, creamy pastel/barbie (but not an "in your face") pink - a color you can wear with anything and anywhere! I find that 2 coats is enough with this nail polish - 3 will be too thick. It's also super shiny (not sparkly - shiny), so you don't really have to use a topcoat - but I still do, since I like my nails so shiny that I can see my reflection in them, basically.

2) OPI "Samoan Sand"
I may or may not have mentioned this nail polish before, but around the Summer of last year I became absolutely obsessed with this color! A beautiful, creamy nude - also something that is very neutral, girly, and classy. It goes with everything and chips aren't as visible, which is why I prefer to wear this when I'm going on 4-5 day trips, so I don't have to touch up. I usually wear 3 coats with this nail polish, but 2 coats give a more sheer, natural look - which isn't bad, either.

3) Sally Hansen "Lacey Lilac"
I'm pretty sure everyone owns (or has seen) this nail polish - pastels are always "in" for Spring, and this is a perfect "Easter-egg" color! I'm not usually a big fan of purple shades, but this one is straight up irresistible. I find that 2 coats of nail polish is just the right amount for this shade - the color is opaque and applies very smoothly.

4) Essie "Turquoise & Caicos"
After years (well, okay, maybe months) of hearing people rave on and on about this nail polish - I finally bought it. Essie offers amazing colors and their quality is impeccable! I can definitely say that my nail polish collection is going from "mostly OPI" to "mostly Essie"...whoops. Anyways, this color just screams Spring break to me - beaches, flowers blooming, positive thinking, and tons of fun! 2 coats is just the right amount for this color and the ideal opacity.

5) Essie "Snap Happy"
Every season has a red. In fact, every month has it's red. Red is the classic nail polish color that you cannot not own! This color is sophisticated and classy, but the coral-ish tone adds some fun and playfulness (is that a word?..) - perfect for Spring! One coat is actually opaque enough, as I've discovered, but I still did 2 - just in case ;)

What are your favorite Spring nail polishes? 

xoxo,
Liz





No comments:

Post a Comment