Monday, March 25, 2013

How To: Forget

We all have those days when we don't feel like doing anything - everything you do seems going wrong and you just want to lay in bed all day in cry. And don't tell me this never happens to you, because I know for a fact that it does.

Whether it's something little or something major that you feel bad about - I've found that these things are what help me forget what's happening for a while and move on.



1. Call a friend A friend you haven't talked to in a while, to be exact. Catch up on what's been happening in their life, laugh, talk about anything and everything! In addition to rekindling old memories and talking with an old friend - it will help you get your mind off of whatever that is bothering you.

2. Take a walk A nice, calm, quiet walk alone with your thoughts is one of the best things you can do to concentrate on what's happening and figure things out. First of all, it'll help you calm down and relax, but you'll also get some exercise in! I, personally, love walking around the city in the evenings for hours and then coming back home to a nice hot bath.

3. Have a cup of tea Tea is the best drink to relax. Honestly. Coffee gets you energized and can actually trigger stress, water is...well, water. But tea is warm, yummy, and just plain heavenly. It will calm you down and give you some time to feel sorry for yourself in order to move on.

4. Read a good book I'm pretty sure this one is my number one favorite out of all of these. Who doesn't love reading?! I find that reading a good book is the best remedy to stress and just the best way to forget - you're living in another world, after all! An hour does the trick and makes you more relaxed and stress-free.

5. Sleep it off This is my second favorite (just because I can't always just fall asleep if I want to) out of the five - it's definitely super effective. Sleeping it off makes everything so much easier and better. You'll wake up in the morning/in a couple of hours feeling refreshed and complete. And besides, don't we all love sleeping?!

Anyways, hope you all enjoyed :) Let me know what your favorite things to do when you're trying to forget something are!

xoxo,
Liz

1 comment: