Sunday, February 24, 2013

Why I Eat Healthy and Workout


Someone asked me a question not so long ago. The question was: "You keep going on diets, but no one's ever called you fat - why?". The answer to this question is really simple - I don't diet, I just eat healthy and workout. But why do I do what I do? What motivates me to eat a banana instead of snacking on Doritos? Why do I feel like I need to "diet"? And on that note, what is "dieting"? You will most likely be able to find answers to all of these questions (and more) in this post - hopefully that will help you understand me more.

It is true that - at least for the past 1-2 years - no one has called me fat. I do not consider myself fat nor am I overweight. I do not know my body weight simply because I do not need to know it to be happy or need to know it for any other reason. I eat healthy and workout simply because it makes me feel and look better, and I gain major confidence. As for the "dieting" aspect of my life - I do not diet, nor have or will I ever diet. I do do "challenges" sometimes though, such as "no-cheat _____*any month of the year*" or "Whole 30", etc. Now, I eat healthy 99% of the time. I let myself eat something (usually froyo, chocolate, or macaroons) not-so-healthy every Sunday - but that's pretty much it! Sometimes I get off track and have a french fry or two (this hardly ever happens), but I really never over-eat - and that's the key to everything! You can eat anything you want, just in moderation!

I workout about 5-6 times a week - 3 days of the week I run, and I do strength training (lifting weights, working on certain parts of my body) the other days. It is very important to give yourself at least one day a week to rest from any exercise at all, so Sundays are usually my day off. I try not to overwork myself, but when I do I usually give myself a week or so to rest and relax. Why do I workout? Because I feel amazing when I do. I look amazing after I do. And I believe in doing what's best for my body - which is eating healthy and working out. 

Ah, I can talk about this forever, but I'll have to refrain, since I only have so much free time. Let me know if you have any other questions on this topic!

xoxo,
Liz


No comments:

Post a Comment