Wednesday, February 13, 2013

How To: Organize Your Notes

I love note-taking. Love it. I mean, I like discussions and such in class as well, but there's just something about note-taking that I am absolutely obsessed with! Now, I don't take notes directly on the laptop and write them down in this format. First, I just write everything that I need to know in my notebook, then I go through the notes and copy the focal points of the notes into a Word Document. The rest is shown below.

This is a follow-up to a previous post that I wrote yesterday, by the way, so it kind of goes along with the theme. I basically just took a couple of screenshots of one of my older notes from Biology and it clearly shows how I write and organize my notes on my laptop.




In case you didn't know - this is how you split a Word document into two (or more) columns. Just click on the symbol shown above with the red arrow and I'm pretty sure you can figure the rest out yourself - all you have to do it choose how many columns you want to have on a page.


As you can see - in the left column I have the main subject written down (question) and on the right I have the actual material (answer). As I mentioned before, this comes in handy when I quiz myself by covering up the right side, looking at the subject and revising to myself (or, often, writing on another sheet of paper) the material that applies to the subject.


This is just how everything looked overall - much more organized and short (to me, at least) than simple notes.

Let me know if this helped you/if you have any questions!

xoxo,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment