Sunday, February 10, 2013

8 Shoes Every Woman Should Own

I love shoes - that's no secret. Everyone loves shoes - or they should, at least. I mean, how could we live without shoes?! We just couldn't. But of course, women just have to own tens (or in some cases, hundreds) of pairs of shoes - one for every occasion imaginable.

So today I put together a list of shoes that I think every woman (or girl, or lady - whatever) should have in their wardrobe (or should I say "arsenal"?). In this case, you should try to invest in these pieces, rather than having 20 of each. Quality over quantity!


Neutral flats. These could really work in any neutral color - black, brown, nude - anything that works for you and your wardrobe. I love flats - they are so versatile, you can wear them with anything, plus, they're so comfortable!

Sandals. I left out the word "neutral" this time, because that pretty much applies to all of these categories. You want to invest in shoes that you will wear multiple times, not just with certain outfits. Sandals are also very comfortable and chic - not as laid-back as flip-flops, but not as put-together as flats at the same time!

Flip flops. You can wear flip flops a ton of places, which is why I included them in this list - the beach, around the house, you name it! Just make sure your toes look nice - no one wants to see your toes/feet if they're gross!

Ankle booties. These could be worn in basically any weather - and I love the color of the ones in the picture! They're especially great for the fall season, though, but I think you could make them work in the summer as well.

Pumps. I've said enough about these in my previous posts, but you just can't go without pumps. There are some occasions where it's only appropriate to wear heels - and needless to say, neutral-colored pumps do the job.

Cork wedges. I've also mentioned these in my previous post, but that's only because I love me some cork wedges! They look so cute with dresses, especially in the summer - I'm obsessed with these!

Equestrian boots. You all know how much I love my brown equestrian-style boots, and since horseback riding hits so close to home, these couldn't not make it to this list! These are kind of more appropriate for the fall/winter seasons, but nevertheless, they are an essential.

Rain/snow boots. How can wellies work as snow boots you ask? Well, there are actually special socks that are made especially for Hunter boots and are meant to be worn in the winter, when you want something warmer than just rubber. I would add L.L. Bean duck boots to this list instead of these, but I don't think they're necessarily everyone's style, so I added these instead. And they come in so many different colors!

Hope you enjoyed, and happy shoe shopping!

xoxo,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment