Thursday, April 25, 2013

Daisy Buchanan-inspired Outfit


Everyone (especially this girl right here) is super excited for the release of "The Great Gatsby" movie that will be in theaters on May 10. And what better way to celebrate an amazing movie, music, book, actors, and fashion than with an outfit inspired by one of the main characters of the book?
:: Dress :: Lipstick :: Heels ::

This outfit is perfect for any season and any occasion (read: any dressy occasion) for many reasons. The dress is a classic and versatile color, the heel adds some vavoom and makes your legs look longer... And do I even need to talk about the lipstick?! 

This outfit was, as mentioned before, is loosely inspired by Daisy Buchanan and one of the outfits she wore that you can see in the movie trailer. In one of the party scenes she wears a nude flapper dress with silver sequins, so when I saw this dress I instantly thought of her! Please do keep in mind that I tried to make this outfit more suitable for teenagers and the decade that we currently live in. I mean, if you wore a flapper dress out (unless it's halloween) I'm pretty sure you'd be getting some looks...


If you haven't read the book, the movie (or the trailer) will probably make no sense to you, so I'd suggest reading the book first. You will not regret reading it, believe me! It's a must-read anyway, so it's good to have your opinion on it.

Are you going to see "The Great Gatsby"? Let me know in the comments below!

xoxo,
Liz

1 comment: