Sunday, September 2, 2012

Update On My Majestic Life: Whole 30!


First of all, hi. Second of all, I know I just did one of these updates, like, on Wendesday, but this one isn't really an update on my life... More of an update on what I'll be doing... I mean... You'll see ;)

I follow a lot of "fitspiration" or "fitspo" accounts on my beloved Instagram and I get a ton (actually, probably all) of my inspiration for staying healthy, working out, and eating clean from there. Recently, everyone on those "fitspo" accounts has been talking about the Whole 30, which is basically like a diet plan (I'll go into all that jazz later) where you need to cut out certain things out of your diet - such as grains, dairy, and some sugars. At first I thought: NO. I was never. Ever. EVER going to do that Whole 30 thing. I love dairy. I drink tons of milk and eat tons of yogurt every single day. But then I just got sick of everyone talking about it and me just sitting there and thinking of a million excuses on why I can't do it.

When, in reality, I can. So I googled "whole 30" and the first thing that popped up was the actual "whole 30" website. It had all of the info that I ever needed and more, regarding the Whole 30 program. Basically, the program is something that you do for 30 days - very very clean eating. No sugar (of any kind - honey, gum...nothing). No grains (wheat, rye, oats, barley, corn, etc.). No legumes (beans of all kind, peas, peanut butter, soy, etc.). No dairy (this is the hard one for me...no milk of any kind, kefir, yogurt - even Greek - and no sour cream). No potatoes. No alcohol (well, it's not like I consume it otherwise). Yep. A lot of no-no's. Basically eating super super clean, all-natural things.

My diet is already pretty clean. Yes, I have a few cheats here and there, but I always eat healthy. This, however, is kind of extreme to me... I mean, cutting out milk for a month? It's gonna be tough. But I'm up for it and starting tomorrow ;)

Anyways, love you guys, and hope you enjoyed!

xoxo,
Liz

P.S. Dasek is a poopoo.

picture from here

No comments:

Post a Comment