Sunday, September 9, 2012

Ten Tips: De-Stress


I'm kind of on a blogging kick right now, so I figured, why not type up another post to make up for the Wednesday one that never happened? By the way, I totally have an excuse for that - my computer broke, so I couldn't really type on anything... It's still getting fixed, so I'm borrowing my friend's for now :P (thanks Dasek).

I have so much homework already, and school's only just started! But I'm really procrastinating now, but I decided that I'll have a homework/study day tomorrow, so whatever. And I know school and homework (plus your social life!) can get so incredibly stressful. So here I have put together some helpful tips that you might want to use on one of those stressful all-nighters you have to pull (due to studying, not to partying, hopefully :P)

1. De-clutter = De-stress I am kind of an organization freak, so everything is pretty much always clean and organized in my room, but there is always some area of my room that needs some work in that department. I just find that cleaning up when you are mad, sad, or stressed helps so much! And a clean room is always an added bonus. Also, when your room is clean and free of clutter it makes focusing on schoolwork much easier.

2. Keep Calm and Read a Book I am a total bookworm and I read all the time, especially when I'm stressed and need to get my mind off of something. Just take a 15 minute break and read a chapter of your favorite novel - it'll make you feel so much better!

3. Stress in Style For me personally, it is very hard to find those extra 40 minutes to do my nails or enjoy a nice face mask, especially on one of those busy school nights when all you can think about is how much homework you have. Just take a break, breathe, and pamper yourself by painting your nails or making a home-made face mask. *Gives you an excuse to re-paint your nails :P*

4. Hit the Gym Now, you don't have to even go to the gym for this one, just workout at home - it's so much more easy and fun! I love working out while re-watching my favorite episodes of Gossip Girl - makes it so much more fun! Working out is a wonderful way to relax, that also just happens to be very beneficial towards your health ;)

5. Couch Potato One of my absolute favorite ways to de-stress is watching a fun, girly movie. Some of my favorites are "High School Musical" (I'm not kidding), "Beauty and the Briefcase", "Angus, Thongs, and Perfect Snogging" (I'm also not kidding), and "Clueless". Oh, and "Mean Girls" of course.

6. Veg Out Now, this one has to be my absolute favorite out of all. This relaxation method is achieved with three easy steps. Step one: grab your best pair of headphones/earphones. Step two: plug them into your computer/laptop and enter "www.*insert your favorite tumblr here*.tumblr.com" into the little search bar. Step three: forget about everyone, enjoy the music and the amazingness of tumblr.

7. Tea Time! Green tea helps relieve stress and anxiousness, along with many other great things it does for your body and health! Plus, who doesn't love a nice hot cup of tea on those chilly evenings?

8. Confessions of a Shopaholic Now, this one may not work so well for your wallet, but you'll definitely love the experience! Usually, when I feel down or I'm in a bad mood, I shop online! Now, I don't actually shop...more like add items to my basket and promise myself to get them another day. I strongly don't recommend to go actual shopping (like, to the store) when you're in a bad mood, because in the end - you'll just end up hating everyone and everything in the world because those jeans didn't fit.

9. Naps (not diamonds) Are a Girl's Best Friend We all know (and you can't hide it from me) that we never actually get the full 8-9 hours of sleep that we need. Agreed? Yes. Now that that's settled, I have a little confession to make. I probably only get 4-5 hours of sleep a night. I know, bad girl Liz. Oh well. At least I try :P Anyways, it is very important to catch up on your beauty sleep, so make sure to take a nap! I adore naps! Just set a timer for, let's say, 40 minutes, change into your favorite sweat suit and enjoy ;)

10. Cake Boss Now, I basically do this all the time anyways, but just in case you don't - this one is for you. Baking. Or cooking. Or whatever. I just find that baking your favorite cookies and them enjoying them after they're done helps de-stress so much! Yeah, not much more I can say about that.

Okieeeeeee, hope you guys enjoyed, and have a stress-free school week ;)

xoxo,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment