Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Quick Tips: Showering


HOLLER! I've missed you guys! I skipped my Sunday blog post (whoops, I forgot :P), so I'll tryyyyyyy to make up by this fun ten tips post! Now, I know the title looks a bit weird...but that's exactly what I'm going to talk about today (or rather, tonight) - showering. There's actually more to it than it seems. Shall we?

1) Exfoliate. THEN shave. Now, some of you may already know this, some may not - nevertheless - exfoliate before you shave! I usually exfoliate my skin every other day with Lush's "Buffy" exfoliating bar (you don't want to exfoliate every day) and then shave. The exfoliator gets rid of all of the dead skin cells so you can shave easier and get every single hair SHAVED OFF. haha >.<

2) Cold>Hot I, personally, love hot showers. LOVE. But, I try not to make the water too hot because 1) I don't want to burn myself 2) the hot water actually dries out your skin - not good!, and 3) the colder the water - the better it is for your hair (hot water opens the cells and leads to breakage! also not good). Just don't shower in freezing cold water, loves ;)

3) Shampoo wet, condition dry. I don't think many people have heard of this, but once you have - it all starts making so much sense! You get your hair wet so you can shampoo it better, right? Well, for the conditioner to work as good as possible your hair needs to be just slightly damp - not wet. Get into the habit of ringing your hair out before you condition - you will see results!

4) Plan ahead. Ya'll cannot even imagine how much this helps. Let me start off this this way - you wake up, take a shower, get dressed, do your makeup, eat, and leave, right? Right. You've planned out your outfit for the day in your head before falling asleep, but you wake up and the weather is totally different! What to do? Plan in the shower. I now do this whenever I shower (even though I wear a school uniform :P) - it saves so. much. time.

5) RAISE UP YOUR VOICES AND SING! Sorry for the caps, haha, but I just had to :P Almost everyone I know does this, so this might serve as more of a reminder than a tip, but SING. Sing in the shower. I don't care if you're awful at it or amazing - just do it. Let it all out, girl ;)

xoxo,
Liz

HILARIOUS picture is from here

No comments:

Post a Comment