Saturday, July 13, 2013

Things To Do Before You Eat Breakfast

Now that it's summer and I have as much time as I want on my hands I've really been taking my time while doing anything. Instead of taking 20 minutes to get ready like it usually does, it takes me about an  hour or two. I workout longer. I read every morning and every night. And instead of spending 2-3 hours a day on tumblr...I spend 24. 

But there's a silver lining to everything and I found my silver lining of laziness. After spending hours and hours waking up each morning I've come to realize that the better you wake up, the better your day will be. If you start the day off stressed or in a hurry, that is how your day is going to be. So be sure to relax and take some time to wake up!


1. Go back to sleep. One of the main reasons I look forward to summer is because I get to sleep in. Coming from a girl that has to wake up before 5 AM every weekday during the school year, you can believe me that I live for sleep. Seriously, I love sleeping. Dreams are so interesting to me and I just love it when I wake up and realize that it's summer and that I can go back to sleep. Just make sure that you don't sleep in too late, though, since that isn't good for your sleeping schedule! I like to wake up no later than 10:30 (party because I go horseback riding at 12).

2. Read a chapter from a book. Reading really helps me relax and calm down, so I always turn to a book when I'm sad or stressed. I don't usually wake up sad or stressed (especially in the summer), but something about reading in the mornings just puts me into a good mood. Plus, I like to discuss what I read with my mom over breakfast.

3. Make a to-do list for the day. I like to start every single day off by making a nice cup of coffee and sitting down with my planner to plan out what I want to accomplish during the day. I find that my thoughts are more fresh in the morning, so I know what I need to do.

4. Make your bed. Honestly, if I don't make my bed before I eat breakfast I will never make it. So I find that it's better to just get it over with and make your bed as soon as you get out of it. Your room will instantly look more put-together and organized!

5. Do yoga. Now, this isn't for everyone - I personally, don't like yoga that much. I just find it boring... But I know plenty of people who love doing yoga and are very flexible (I am probably the least flexible person you will ever meet), so if you like yoga I think it's a good thing to do before you eat in the morning!

What are some things you do before breakfast? Let me know in the comments below along with any other questions or suggestions!

xoxo,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment