Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Rest Day


As the end of the school year comes to an end, these last few weeks of school are the most stressful weeks of the year. Assignments are due, exams are to be taken, and final grades are out. It's hard not to get caught in this stressful cycle, but sometimes you just need to have a day where you can relax and forget all of your worries.

My weekdays are full of homework and studying, and spending time with my family usually take up my whole weekend, so it's hard to just slow down and relax.

My Dad stayed at home today, and when I woke up extremely tired and sick-looking he insisted that we have a "rest day" at home. And let me tell you, this rest day was the best thing to happen to me this whole month. I snoozed in bed and woke up without hurrying to get ready for school, I took a nice long and hot shower, I picked out my most comfortable yet presentable outfit and my Dad and I went out to have brunch in one of my favorite cafés (Le Pain Quotidien, in case you were wondering). We left the city and drove to our country house. After catching up on my homework assignments and studying for my Physics, Chemistry, and Algebra exams I had a delicious salad that I took time to make.

I will be spending the rest of my day relaxing and spending time with my baby sister, my Dad, and my Grandma, which is the only thing I want to do right now. And even though I was anxious to miss school at first, I now feel relaxed and careless.

So I guess that if you were to remember and learn one thing from today's post, it would be to relax and enjoy life once in a while. Spend time with your family and friends because you never know when everything might be taken away from you. Treat your body right (I am planning to workout today as well) and don't forget to nourish it with proper food (and maybe a relaxing massage or two ;) ).

As usual, if you have any requests feel free to leave them down below!

xoxo,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment