Monday, June 3, 2013

5 Ways to Welcome Summer

Even though school isn't over for me yet, it's still technically summer! And who doesn't love shopping for summer? New seasons are always so exciting and full of preparation for months to come. Here I put together some ways that I, personally, like to get ready for summer.

1) Bright manicure Summer = fun and bright nail polish, so why not ditch the spring pastels and move on to fun, bright colors? I've been loving Essie nail polish lately and I am seriously lacking summer colors. A little shopping never hurt anyone ;)

2) A new sunhat I desperately need a hat for the summer. I love this one from Ralph Lauren - it's so versatile and chic!


3) Play up your makeup One of the easiest ways to change up your makeup is bright eyeliner. Shades of green and blue are fun and playful - you can even lightly line your eyes with waterproof eyeliner for a pool/beach party!


4) Bright sandals Jack Rogers sandals, to be exact. I love the way they look and feel - perfect for any outfit and any occasion! And who doesn't love neon in the summer?

5) The perfect beach read Now that school is over (or at least close to an end) we all need a light, easy-to-read, romantic girly novel to get our minds off of school classics. "The Summer I Turned Pretty" series is one of the best beach-y novels that I've ever read - I've read it every single summer since 4th grade! 

What are some ways that you welcome summer? Let me know below!

xoxo,
Liz

2 comments:

  1. Can you please do a post about what you are going to wear/what dress you are going to 8th grade graduation and some inspiration? some pictures of what you are going to wear? and can you also make a post about what you are doing during the summer (where you are going, what you are bringing) and post about a waterproof makeup look, with some makeup products you recommend for the summer! thanks :) Love your blog xoxo,
    ps- it would be cool if you can make more post, they are so interesting!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much for all of your suggestions! will definitely be posting about all of these things :)
      xo,
      Liz

      Delete