Wednesday, June 26, 2013

My Summer Makeup Routine/Favorite Summer Makeup Products

I recently got a request to make a post, naming some of my favorite summer/waterproof makeup products, so I decided to just show y'all what I do for everyday makeup in the summer months. If I'm going out somewhere fancier than usual (or somewhere where I need to look nicer) I'll put on more makeup or put more effort into it, but this is what I'll do if I'm just running errands or having a relaxing day out.

Anyways, I can tell this post will be pretty long, so I'll just get right on it :)


1. Conceal imperfections/dark circles and powder face. If I'm going out somewhere I better be doing something to conceal my redness or people are going to think I'm blushing 24/7. Whenever I wear makeup in the summer (which isn't every single day) I use my favorite concealer, the YSL Touché Eclait to cover up dark circles, conceal redness around my nose, and cover up the veins on my eyes. My skin gets pretty oily in the summer so I always make sure to finish off any face makeup with some powder. My favorite one at the moment is the Chanel Healthy Glow Sheer powder, it offers a tiny bit of coverage but keeps my skin matte for the whole day.

2. Fill in brows with powder and set with brow gel. I've talked about this before, but I cannot leave the house without doing something to my eyebrows. Eyebrows are a pretty big part of your face, and I find that simply combing them and filling them in (even if you're not wearing any other makeup) makes you look more awake and put-together. When I have more time on my hands I like to use the Benefit Browzings kit (the powder from the kit, to be exact) with an angled brush to fill in my brows. If I'm in a hurry, though, I use the MAC brow pencil. It's just faster and easier to apply than the brow powder. After I'm done filling my brows in, I always make sure to set them (especially during hotter months) with my Anastasia clear brow gel. It keeps my brows in place and groomed as long as I want them to.

3. Apply cream eyeshadow and mascara. I don't like to use too many eye products in the summer months, so I usually just opt for some cream eyeshadow that's super easy to just swipe on with your ring finger. One of my favorite cream eyeshadows is the Chanel Emerveille cream eyeshadow - it gives a slight hint of color with a little bit of sparkle. And of course, you can't leave the house without some mascara, right? I love any Chanel waterproof mascaras but some drugstore mascaras work just as well!

4. Apply lip stain and chapstick. If you like something not too sticky, yet glossy, and stays on all day then you will love the YSL lip stains. I've been using them since last summer and I still love them! They come in tons of different shades, so you're bound to find one that you like.

5. Use dry shampoo. I don't usually use dry shampoo that often, but for some reason this summer my hair has been super oily. So, now it has become an essential for me to use my Tresseme dry shampoo every other day (on days when I don't wash my hair) in order to keep my hair...well, clean. All you need to do is just spray some into the roots of your hair and shake your hair out a bit. Quick, easy, and super convenient!

What are some of your favorite summer makeup products? Let me know in the comments below!

xoxo,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment