Tuesday, January 29, 2013

January 2013 Favorites

The first month of this year went by extremely fast. It makes me happy, but really sad at the same time... So many good and bad things had happened in my life so far and I am definitely looking forward to 2013! January has been a very stressful month for me, but I've spent the past couple of days just relaxing and spending time with friends and family, and I think I'm getting back in the groove of things!

MAC "Blacktrack" Gel Eyeliner I finally went out and bought this when I was in America, and I've been using it every single day since. Well, except for the weekends. I use it with a simple angled eyeliner brush - it applies so smoothly, is super-black, and lasts the whole day! Plus, it only takes about 15 seconds on each eye - mega time saver in the mornings! It's so fun to play up your everyday-self with all of the different looks you can achieve by just using this one product. LOVE.

MAC "Carbon" Eyeshadow After I apply the gel eyeliner in the mornings - I let it set for a couple of seconds and then take another, slightly thicker, angled eyeliner brush and gently pat the black eyeshadow over the eyeliner. I just feel it makes the whole look more put-together and matte, plus the eyeliner lasts longer!

Neutrogena SkinClearing Oil-Free Foundation I've heard so many good things about this foundation from beautybaby44 on YouTube (she's amazing - go check her out!), so when I went all out in Ulta one day - I bought this foundation along with the matching powder. The powder works pretty good too, but the foundation just pretty much stole the spotlight for me. It completely prevented all of my breakouts (my skin is the clearest it's been in a while!), it gives great coverage (just enough for me), the finish and feel is amazing - there just aren't enough good things I can say about this product! If you can get it - definitely go out and buy it! My mom actually told me that she used it in High School too and she loved it as well :P

Maybelline "The Rocket" Mascara I don't normally use volumizing mascaras, simply because I've just always wanted more length than volume, but I decided to try something new this time. And I am so glad that I did, because this mascara works miracles! It gives you volume, length, doesn't clump, and lasts a long time! And the drugstore advantage always helps.

Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm I've also heard a ton of stuff about this lipbalm from people on YouTube and just everyone in general. Again, I was in Ulta, and I saw this and the first thing that ran through my mind was YOLO. So I bought it (and ended up spending hundreds of dollars at Ulta...whatever.). And I have no regrets. This lip balm is the best thing that has ever happened to my lips. No joke. Even better than the YSL lip stains (I swear by those). Yeah. So go get you some Jack Black lip balm.

"I Can Only Imagine" by David Guetta (feat. Chris Brown & Lil Wayne) I've only been listening to this song for the last couple of days (I rediscovered it while listening to my iPhone on shuffle), but I know that I'll be listening to it a ton the rest of this month and probably most of February. I'm obsessed with this kind of music right now, and I mean c'mon, who doesn't love them some Chris Brown?!

French Toast Just putting it out there - I make super healthy french toast! *ekhem recipe coming up ekhem* I basically just use olive oil instead of butter, use 1 egg + 1 egg white instead of 2 eggs, whole wheat bread instead of white bread...and...that's all I can remember for now, but I'll post a recipe soon, so be on a lookout for that *winkwink*! Anyways, I've been eating french toast for breakfast probably 4-5 days out of the week - it's super easy, quick, and delicious!

Michael Kors "Jet Set" Tortoise Watch My dad got me this watch as my...well, technically *pre-Christmas* present, but I just call it my Christmas gift from him. I've wanted it for probably more than a year and I was so happy when I got it!!! I've been wearing it every day since, and I kind of feel bad, because I also got a Marc Jacobs watch from my grandma, but I've only worn it once - I love my MK so much!!! It's just so classic, not in-your-face blingy (but still has rhinestones), and tortoise - ME IN A WATCH!

I will try to post pictures of the products and such over the weekend - I've been getting home too late for natural lighting!

xoxo,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment