Saturday, January 26, 2013

11 Classic Books Everyone Should Read


I love reading books. At least 50% of my time is spent reading. I mostly like novels and fiction, but sometimes (VERY rarely) I opt for something totally out of my comfort zone. Recently I've had the urge to read more classic books that "everyone must read", just so I can have my own opinion on them, and from researching a bit online and just plain asking around I came up with this list of 10 classic books that everyone should read.

  1. "Slaughterhouse-Five" by Kurt Vonnegut 
  2. "The Catcher In The Rye" by J. D. Salinger
  3. "Nicholas Neckleby" by Charles Dickens 
  4. "The Great Gatsby" by Scott Fitzgerald 
  5. "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" by Ken Kessey
  6. "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen
  7. "Nineteen Eighty-Four" by George Orwell
  8. "The Picture of Dorian Gray" by Oscar Wilde
  9. "To Kill A Mockingbird" by Harper Lee
  10. "The Bell Jar" by Sylvia Plath
  11. "A Separate Peace" by John Knowler
So far I've only read a couple ("The Catcher In The Rye", "The Great Gatsby", "Pride and Prejudice", and "To Kill A Mockingbird"), but I'm definitely reading all of them, because they serve as great conversation starters!

xoxo,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment