Sunday, November 4, 2012

What To Do When: You Can't Fall Asleep


Hi there, sleepyheads ;) Haha, please ignore my awkward weirdness that you may encounter in this post - I just woke up from a 6 hour nap... And I'm pretty sure another sleepless night awaits. Ever since I pulled an all-nighter with my BFF at our sleepover, my sleeping pattern's been all messed up - can't fall asleep 'till 4, wake up at 2, etc. Thankfully, I've had Fall break this week, but tomorrow is the first day of back to school, and quite frankly, I don't find that idea very appealing :/

Anyways, I promise I won't ramble on for much longer :) So in this post I'll just be sharing some ideas on what to do when you can't fall asleep at night (or whichever time of day). Actually, this'll be a new series I'll be doing, called "What To Do When", so if you have any recommendations for further posts like these - leave them in the comments!


  1. Read. This one is as simple as it sounds. Just pick up a book (or a Kindle in my case) and start reading. If you don't like reading, maybe try listening to an audiobook - I don't like them that much, though, because I like making up the voices and intonations of the characters myself (being the actress that I am, ahah ;D). But I find that just after reading a couple of chapters I get instantly tired and sleepy. Just make sure that the book isn't something hard-to-read, otherwise your brain will get tired, but your body will still be wide awake!
  2. Make yourself a cup o'tea ;) Especially in these cold Fall months I love tea! I wrote all about my recent obsession with peppermint tea in my last post, so I'm not going to say much more. But I just find that a good ole cup o'tea makes it all better :) 
  3. Listen to relaxing music. Now, different people like different music, but I'm pretty sure no one will pass on some Frank Sinatra ;) I don't usually listen to music like his, but my Mom always told me that I loved Frank Sinatra when I was a tiny little baby, and whenever I listen to his music I fell asleep instantly. So, a couple of months ago, when I was having problems falling asleep (what else is new?) - I decided to buy a couple of his albums. And, honestly I don't know why, I fall asleep after, like 2 songs! Magic ;) But, whatever you do, DO NOT LISTEN TO UPBEAT SONGS - it will just make you hyper, believe me.
  4. Have a snack Now, I know, this sounds horrible - late night snacking, yadayadayada. But, if you kids (I'm just kidding, by the way) would do your research, you'd know that protein actually helps you fall asleep! So I usually drink a glass of milk before bed. But if you're really having problems - I'd suggest eating some Greek yogurt. It's just the right snack to satisfy your cravings, and it's packed with protein ;)
  5. Watch an old favorite movie. The delio is - if you're not tired yet, then after watching an old favorite movie for 2 hours, you most likely will be. I always watch "Breakfast At Tiffany's" when I can't fall asleep - it's so old-school and, let's face it, pretty boring at times, I find it puts me to sleep in the blink of an eye ;)
Okaaaay, that's it for tonight peeps ;) Sweet dreams :*

xoxo,
Liz

oh, and of course, the picture is from here

No comments:

Post a Comment