Sunday, November 25, 2012

How To Save Up Money


Why hello there :) Sorry I haven't been on my usual blogging schedule, but as you can see - I'm back on track! Whoopie ;) Anyways, as some of you may or may not know I am kind of an organization/control/everything else freak and I'm pretty much obsessed with shopping...and saving up money. Weird, I know right, two totally opposite things that I am totally obsessed with. Now, most of the things I buy I get myself with my own money (well, my allowance, but I also do some work for my Dad which I get payed for too). And even though I am extremely bad with economy (at least I think I am) and math, for some reason I just love talking about savings and spendings (no idea why)!

So today I will be talking about exactly that. And since Black Friday just recently passed and Cyber Monday is tomorrow (plus, the whole Holiday shopping season is now officially open) I thought it would be helpful to some of you if I wrote a post about how I save my money and how you can too.

The very first thing I do when I try to make a budget is see how much money I need (find a goal). You need something to save up for (ex.: $1000 for Christmas presents, or $700 for a pair of shoes you really want, or $50 for a Dior makeup palette) - whatever! After you have your goal and you know exactly how much money you need to save up, find out how much money you have now. You need to know this to see how much money you actually need to save. Are you $50 or $500 away from your goal? After you're done with that, the next thing you want to do is calculate how much money you earn in a month. Is it just your weekly allowance or your monthly salary? Then, calculate how long it will take you to get to your goal (goal divided by monthly income = number of months it'll take you to save).

Now onto how to actually save up to your goal. Now, I found that keeping a 'journal' works best for me - I make all of my calculations there, record all of my spendings and income, etc. Another thing that helps me save money is devoting a certain amount of money for spendings. Of course, that'll push back your saving time, but I, personally, can't go, like, 6 months without spending at least some money! Also, stay focused on your goal to keep yourself motivated ;)

Yep, sorry if this wasn't as helpful as you thought it would be, but at least I tried, right? haha :P

xoxo,
Liz

true true picture from here

No comments:

Post a Comment