Sunday, October 13, 2013

Pick One: Rebecca Taylor Fall 2013

I've been reading a ton of fashion and lifestyle blogs lately (should I make a list of my favorites?) and they're pretty much where I get all of my fashion inspiration from. I spend a couple of minutes every evening just catching up with the latest posts and planning my outfit for the next day, but when Gadabout posted about Rebecca Taylor I literally gasped.

Immediately after skimming through her post I went onto rebeccataylor.com to look through the whole collection and I completely fell in love. Items were flooding into my cart before I even noticed. Her clothes mix neutrals (read my opinion on that here) and have a lot of leather and tweed - and who doesn't love leather an tweed?!


Now, I'm not going to go out and buy everything in my cart (especially now that I only have a couple hundred dollars from spending $1000 at a restaurant...), so I'm forced to shop smart and pick one or two things that I love the most. Although I highly doubt I'll purchase any of these items anytime soon, a girl can dream, right? ;)

I think these items are perfect fall and winter staples - yes, they are a bit pricey, but wouldn't you rather spend $1000 on a coat that will keep you warm and stylish for years rather than spending $100 on a coat, but buying one every single year? I always put quality over quantity, classic staple pieces will last forever and always be stylish, whereas cheap and trendy pieces will only last you a season or two.

I am very biased towards the tweed jacket because I've been looking for the perfect one for months, so I think that if I was to buy only one thing - that would be it. I love the wool coat, too, but the chunkiness of it could make me look a bit...well, chunky. I'm not that tall and I have a muscular build, so boxy styles tend to be less flattering on me. Nevertheless, I love this collection and I hope you like it too :)

Which item would you buy? Let me know in the comments below along with any other post suggestions!

xoxo,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment